Posted on Friday, January 19th, 2024 | 67 views
If you decide to do at-home microneedling read our last article Can I Do Microneedling at Home After Treatment? first. It has important information about microneedling at home after you have had a treatment.
Giving Yourself a Microneedling Treatment
The following are best practices for at home microneedling which are important to achieving the desired results.
Choose the Right Device
- Opt for devices from reputable brands.
- Don’t go for cheap devices.
- Ensure the needles are of appropriate length for home use.
- Look for devices with safety certifications.
- Read a lot of the reviews and testimonials.
- Talk to your skincare professional for advice.
Properly Preparing Your Skin
- Cleanse your skin very thoroughly.
- Use a gentle exfoliant to remove the dead skin cells.
- Avoid using the microneedling tool on irritated or broken skin.
- Ensure your hands and the device are properly sterilized.
- Apply a gentle, non-irritating moisturizer.
- Use sunscreen to protect the skin.
- Avoid using harsh skincare products.
- Stay hydrated and maintain a healthy diet.
- Monitor your skin for any signs of adverse reactions.
Have Fun but Be Careful
DIY microneedling can be fun, and be a pretty good option for maintaining your skin’s health after your clinic treatment but choosing the right device, preparing your skin properly and proper after-care are essential steps for safe and effective outcomes.
So make sure to be careful and cautious, and do microneedling at home after your treatment has completed its course.